cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Radial Ball Bearing: Checking your mechanism links

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Radial Ball Bearing: Checking your mechanism links

This was more of an effort than I would have ever guessed.  Applicable for planetary gear systems as well. 

This simple process was added just to check that the mechanism relations was done correctly. 

Don't try to confirm proper mesh visually without some kind of reliable visual aide.  I thought I had it right and I still reversed a gear pair.

And I'm also getting a bit better with the motor profiles.  Cosine up to 90 degrees in 5 seconds; still for 3; Cosine back to zero; and wait 2 seconds.

Analysis set to 25 frames/sec same as video capture and the outcome is -finally- one for one.  This "motor" is driving one of the bearing's balls.

Smooth_Motion_Curve.JPG

This is work built on Vladimir's bearing work.  I was hoping that ball bearings would be much simpler in Creo.

Now I have a skeleton to do some analysis work to make some real world decisions involving radial bearings.

Feel free to use the motion profile to your liking. 

I am not sure exactly why the formula look so complicated but it worked and I left it at that. 

As you fit your own numbers and duration in there, things will get weird.  But it smoothes out eventually if you look at it locally.

Enjoy.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags