cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Rigid load

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Rigid load

Hello,

I take a simple example:

A beam on two supports with a distributed load in the center of half the length of the beam.

When doing the simulation, the beam is bent as if the load had followed the shape of the curve at its deformation.

But it is not logical since the mass on the beam is rigid.

Will there a way to apply this type of rigid load.

Best Regards.

Denis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It depends on what you think the real system behaviour will be.

• If you think the beam will not bend at all where the load is, you could use a rigid link on the load contact surface to prevent that section of the beam flexing. However, there will be stress concentrations at the ends of the rigid link.
  • If you think the beam will bend so that the load is only resting on its ends, you could apply two line loads at the ends. Of course, these will create stress concentrations.
  • If it's really important to get it right, you could model the 'load' geometry and run a contact analysis as Mats suggests. This will probably create stress concentrations around the contact regions...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Denis,

Si les déplacements sont petits, une distribution uniforme est OK. Ca dépend aussi de la rigidité du poids.Sinon tu peux faire une analyse contact, peut-être mème avec "déplacements large" pour avior la propre distribution de la force.

/Mats L/

It depends on what you think the real system behaviour will be.

• If you think the beam will not bend at all where the load is, you could use a rigid link on the load contact surface to prevent that section of the beam flexing. However, there will be stress concentrations at the ends of the rigid link.
  • If you think the beam will bend so that the load is only resting on its ends, you could apply two line loads at the ends. Of course, these will create stress concentrations.
  • If it's really important to get it right, you could model the 'load' geometry and run a contact analysis as Mats suggests. This will probably create stress concentrations around the contact regions...

Hello, Mats, Jonathan,

Thank you for your answers.

You confirmed to me what I thought in my results and the methods used for obtenirs.

Best Regards.

Denis.

Mats, merci pour le français.

Top Tags