cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Round Interface (Creo)

dbower1
1-Newbie

Round Interface (Creo)

Maybe I am not using the round feature properly... But If have a single round feature that creates 7 rounds on a part. I later redefine a feature, causing the round to fail. I go into redefine, to remove the failed rounds.

Say there are 3 failed references (with the red dot) that I need to remove. I am unable to shift select the 3 failed features and delete at once. I also cant select one, and hit the 'DELETE' key to remove it.

I have to, one by one, select the feature, right click, select Delete. Thats NINE clicks for a function that should only take one. Surely, I'm doing something wrong, or I don't fully understand how to use the round function.

Someone help, my mouse hand is killing me.

TIA,

David

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I hear you there.

What PIA that is.

Look forward to the response as well.

~Doug
bj603
1-Newbie
(To:dbower1)

Unfortunately, you are not doing anything wrong. These conditions exist in both round set & transition modes.

The non-compliance with Windows has been pointed out in technical committee meetings. When it was done the last time I know of (maybe 2 years ago), it seemed like PTC was interested in fixing it, but no signs of improvement yet. (Perhaps PTC could respond if plans are in place?)

Our community could do 2 things:
- submit another enhancement request, and support it with many votes
- for those attending the June conference, visit PTC's Core Modeling kiosk, and reinforce the need/desire with the Product Line Manager.

While we are at it, it would be good to also include the following scenario/need: when there are 2 round sets neighboring each other, one of the default transition types available should include a Blend (to connect the 2 sets, rather than having separate transitions on each set that do not connect).

Regards,

Terry

To: -
Date: 05/23/2014 12:03 PM
Subject: [proecad] - Round Interface (Creo)

Maybe I am not using the round feature properly... But If have a single round feature that creates 7 rounds on a part. I later redefine a feature, causing the round to fail. I go into redefine, to remove the failed rounds.

Say there are 3 failed references (with the red dot) that I need to remove. I am unable to shift select the 3 failed features and delete at once. I also cant select one, and hit the 'DELETE' key to remove it.

I have to, one by one, select the feature, right click, select Delete. Thats NINE clicks for a function that should only take one. Surely, I'm doing something wrong, or I don't fully understand how to use the round function.

Someone help, my mouse hand is killing me.
TIA,
David

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Start new thread via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

Hi Terry,

Long time no see.  Haven't been to a conference since 2010 and have changed jobs meantime.

In line with your reply I just replied to a 2014 reply from Michael Loccasio(Sp) about the orange dot edges for rounds and how I would like to be able to accept the Creo algorithm chosen edges so that they are no longer orange.  And yes being able to do this singly or as a total lot would be great.  RMB anyone?

Regards, Brent

hheinze
6-Contributor
(To:dbower1)

Is there a vote for it?

For complex rounds i prefer 7 features instead of 1 feature with 7 sets.

I find simple changing references if they fails. That's my opinion but it depends on part.

Top Tags