cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Save higher resolution video

cruf
6-Contributor

Save higher resolution video

The highest video resolution you can currently output from Simulation is 720x480.  This seemed appropriate 10 years ago, however for a really professional presentation I would like to have options to output full High Definition 1920x1080, or 1920x1200, and other more standard choices 1024x768 etc

simulate_movie_export_max720x480.PNG

IF you agree please like this post.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:cruf)

Hi Chris, Maybe you should post this as an idea.

As an alternative, if you want to do nice animation, you could use Keyshot.

cruf
6-Contributor
(To:RaphMORIN)

We have keyshot, but I don’t know how that would relate to me wanting to save out a video from Simulation of FEA results with the change of shape from deformation and color based on stress plots.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Ok, I didn't know it was for a FEA, in this case Keyshot is effectively useless !

I prefer to use screenshot tools to capture animations. This built in function is not good: poor resolution, large file size.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I get around this by using CamStudio:

CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Not sure where this limitation comes in but I've had it do much better.  one thing to consider is that for some reason, you cannot get exact values.  I've posted a support case about this and got back a "works to specifications" reply.  It use to be that the limit was the size of your monitor.  Not sure if this limitation still persists.

But your underlying conclusion is correct; very little has been done with this part of the code since decades ago.

One work-around I found useful is to save as BMP files and stick them together later into an animated GIF.  This gives me more control for short presentation bites.  I use PhotoScape to generate animated GIFs.

Top Tags