cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Screw mechanism help

ptc-4491782
1-Newbie

Screw mechanism help

Hi,

I'm making a pipe wrench in creo parametric 1.0, but i don't know how to assemble the parts(which mechanism joint to use) so that when you turn the adjuster on the pipe wrench it will raise/ lower the vice part of the wrench.

Thanks

included a picture below to help visualise what I mean

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4491782)

Hi,

1:Try using gear-generic. you can connect turning motion of wrench with up/down of adjuster. You just add ratio. See something similar here in middle of video http://communities.ptc.com/videos/2676

2:Or you can draw helix and use it so adjuster moves atached to helix (simulates thread) so when you turn wrench it has to go up/down (just make sure turn axis of wrench is axis of pipe).

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4491782)

Hi,

1:Try using gear-generic. you can connect turning motion of wrench with up/down of adjuster. You just add ratio. See something similar here in middle of video http://communities.ptc.com/videos/2676

2:Or you can draw helix and use it so adjuster moves atached to helix (simulates thread) so when you turn wrench it has to go up/down (just make sure turn axis of wrench is axis of pipe).

Cheers

Top Tags