cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Show sketch from Creo Model in Creo Simulate Results

stu-aspinall
7-Bedrock

Show sketch from Creo Model in Creo Simulate Results

Hi

we have a requirement to highlight areas on a creo 4.0 model which when we take into Creo Simulate and apply loads and constraints etc, when we view the results window, we can then see what stress, if any, are inside/outside/surrounding these particular areas on the model.  We have drawn sketches of the areas on to the creo 4.0 model, we have set the sketch to be a surface region in the simulate application but then in the results window, we do not see the sketch from the model.  We dont want to add any loads to these areas, we want to see if that areas have any stress around them, or inside the regions.  Anyone any ideas.

Thanks

Stuart

10 REPLIES 10

wa.jpg

Thanks Skunks, we have tried and yes, it shows the surface region we want to see.

We have a further problem, in that if we add another sketch to the model and set that as another region, we get different stress results than the same model with just 1 region set, even though the loads and constraints are the same.  The ideal solution is to run the analysis on the model, without the surface regions, then be able to see the surface regions/sketches in the results window as we would like to see what stresses are in/out/around these particular areas, but the sketches need to be in our Creo model, and not drawn in whilst inside Creo Simulate.  Any further ideas....

Stu

sorry, i can't explain it,

example att.

flat.JPG

Firstly thanks for your input skunks, however, I think we may have crossed wires.  What we want to see is a stress plot for the component, as though it was a basic component with surface regions etc....but then we want to see some sketches we have put on to the model, which are areas we think could be used by the casting company, where they can place their closing plates etc, i.e area where there are no high stress points, indicated on the attached pic as a black rectangle, which we would like to be a sketch on the model.

export as 3D-Plot?

example att.

could you explain how to create that....thanks

step1: export of plot as VRML

b01.jpg

step2: import of xxx.wrl as prt, shaded mode

I have another way that may work for you.

1. Make the sketch or curves very slightly away (not touching) the part (do not make surface region)

2. Make a beam element on the sketch.

3. Constrain the curve

Beam elementBeam elementConstrainConstrainResultResult

pic1.JPG

Top Tags