cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Sim; How to find the location and value of max stress fluctuation?

auijttewaal
7-Bedrock

Sim; How to find the location and value of max stress fluctuation?

(As input for manual fatigue calculations) I want to know where in my model the stress fluctuates the most during a time dependent load.

How can this be done with simulate (advanced) in combination with mechanism dynamics if needed.

What I have so far;

- You can find the position that creates the highest load on a connection with mechanism (but highest load is not perse the highest stress)

- You can make measures for specific locations that calculate the difference between min and max principal stress or VonMises occurring during a specific time dependent load.

(Principal stresses do take difference between tension and compression into account(+) but they don't combine the stresses in the different directions. VonMises does sum                 the stresses in the different directions but ignores the difference between compression and tension)

Is there a way different than 'guessing based on engineering experience'?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags