cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Standard Bearing

DavidKhan
1-Newbie

Standard Bearing

Hi all

Please tell me websites that contain standard bearing models or assmeblies that i can use in a mechanism.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BTW: if you are going to do the mechanism part anyway, what stops you from making the few simple features to create the bearing? I used the data from the imported files to make the one in the video... IE: ball bearing size, race parameters, etc... With that, you have everything you need to make the bearing assembly at any complexity level you want.

The radial bearing is a great self-tutorial to understand both gears and servo motors. It was quite a fulfilling challenge to simply work out the appropriate gear ratios alone. That is why I put the test features into the model. You'd be surprised how easy it is to fool yourself that you got this defined accurately. in the case of the video, I -know for a fact- that it is accurate. With that information, I can define any bearing with a high level of confidence.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
visu
1-Newbie
(To:DavidKhan)

Dear DAVID Khan

try this below links

http://www.skf.com

http://www.astbearings.com/free-3d-cad-models-for-bearings.html

Regards

Viswanthan.K

DavidKhan
1-Newbie
(To:visu)

Thanks VISU.these are good websites

Boca Bearings too offer a great selection of CAD models for your specific size: http://www.bocabearings.com/

Thanks.but all these are in .prt form which means they are just parts not an Assembly which can run.I need those bearings which are in assembly form and are mechanism.kindly help in this regard.

Davis, you ask for a lot. Do you have a specific size or style in mind?

I did make one that meets your requirements but it may not be very scalable.

It is in Creo 2.0 parametric full version.

Thanks Antonius Dirriwachter.Sorry if i am asking too much but i would like get 6200Z as an example.and would run like a bearing.I think i would convert the asembly file given on the site to mechanism my self.

Well, you are welcome to my files if they are compatible with your version. I already have the mechanism set up. All that needs to be changed is the motion profile. I have more on this one here: Radial Ball Bearing: Checking your mechanism links

Again, this particular version was used to confirm that the ball was rotating accurately to the races. The bearing is an SAE size R8. The most finicky part is the cage. It is a sheetmetal part that has trouble patterning the form feature. With careful manipulation, you should be able to convert this part (it is actually pretty close just by changing the units to MM).

BTW: if you are going to do the mechanism part anyway, what stops you from making the few simple features to create the bearing? I used the data from the imported files to make the one in the video... IE: ball bearing size, race parameters, etc... With that, you have everything you need to make the bearing assembly at any complexity level you want.

The radial bearing is a great self-tutorial to understand both gears and servo motors. It was quite a fulfilling challenge to simply work out the appropriate gear ratios alone. That is why I put the test features into the model. You'd be surprised how easy it is to fool yourself that you got this defined accurately. in the case of the video, I -know for a fact- that it is accurate. With that information, I can define any bearing with a high level of confidence.

Top Tags