cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Stress Measures on Shell Elements in Dynamic Time Analysis

cketterling
10-Marble

Stress Measures on Shell Elements in Dynamic Time Analysis

I have a dynamic time analysis and want to show stress throughout the time history at a specified point.  The tricky part is that the measure is on a thin sheetmetal  bracket.  I've modeled the bracket as a solid in Parametric and created a shell pair to mesh it as a shell. I want a measure on the top and bottom of the plate so I've created a datum point on each side and created stress measures at a point with time eval checked on and set to each step.  My problem is that when I plot my measures in the results viewer, they both come out identical even though when I look at the contour plot for a specified time step, I can see that the top and bottom stress are very different (opposite signs for stress xx since it's partially in bending).  It seems like the measures at the top and bottom point are both plotting for the shell top values.  Is there a switch somewhere that I'm missing to show the bottom values or a different way to set up the measures?  I'm not seeing anything in the results viewer window that lets me select top vs bottom stress for the measure when plotting.  I'm using Creo 4 M060 so the UI may have changed in 5 or 6.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags