cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Structural Nonlinear analysis of an assembly incl. rubber part

od23_UL
4-Participant

Structural Nonlinear analysis of an assembly incl. rubber part

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help to solve my analysis now. Our company has bought extended license of Creo Simulate to be able to run a contact analysis incl. rubber part. I have been trying to solve this by myself and almost gave up on this. So I hope someone could share their experience with me=)

The analysis I need to run as follows:
1) Assembly consists of:
- a valve house made of Ductile iron GGG-50.
- a wedge insert made of Ductile iron ggg-50 and covered with a rubber layer (This is a subassembly)
2) I could cut 3/4 part of this assembly and use symmetry constraints to save some time.
3) Valve house has fixed constraint at the bottom.
4) There are contacts (component - component)  between the valve house and rubber (covering the wedge insert).

5) Wedge insert and wedge rubber are bonded (component - component)
6) There is not force or pressure applied in this case but the wedge need to go down to meet the contact surfaces in the valve house. Or maybe there is a much easier way to conduct this analysis but I don't know yet.

I need to find out a behaviour of the rubber when the wedge is totally down in the valve (sealed). How much deformation I will get? What are the weakest places with most deformation / stress?

1 REPLY 1

I don't fully understand how your valve is actuated but there has to be some form of force pushing it down into the closed position and I would assume some fluid pressure acting on one side of the valve.  For a fully closed position analysis, I would set up the assembly in the fully closed position and use those two forces (the fluid pressure and the actuator) to transfer the load through the rubber into the housing.  If you have the housing constrained and all interfaces to the rubber are free or contact, you will need 1-3 light springs attached to points on the rubber.  Doesn't matter where, but something super soft like 1N/m to provide some stabilizing forces to the rubber since it is otherwise unconstrained.

Top Tags