cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Symmetry Boundary Condition in Thermal Mode 6.0

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Symmetry Boundary Condition in Thermal Mode 6.0

Hello Community,

right now I'm trying to compose a thermal Model which I want to model using a symmetric boundary condition. I've read about thermal symmetric boundary condtions in the Documentation for Simulate 5.0 but can't seem to find it in 6.0? Was it taken out? Is there a workaround? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

SNC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kishore_K
14-Alexandrite
(To:SNC)

This is what i found from help document.

Kishore_K_0-1582802047916.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kishore_K
14-Alexandrite

Are you looking for this symmetry?

Kishore_K_0-1582777859573.png

I remind you that using 3D symmetric BCs (outside "2D symmeties") you need also to physically cut the parts.

Cattura.JPG

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:Kishore_K)

Kind of. Im looking for the "Mirror Symmetry". The one you showed me is the cyclic one, which I can find in my model to. However in my mechanical Models I'm using mirror symmetry a lot. Now I wand to use a thermal study for a MEC/T Load and I would love to have the mirror symmetric boundary condition in thermal too.

Kishore_K
14-Alexandrite

This is what i found from help document.

Kishore_K_0-1582802047916.png

SNC
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:Kishore_K)

Ah okay. Thanks a lot. At least I know for sure, that there is no mirror symmetry in the thermal module. 

SweetPeasHub
17-Peridot

i believe if you do not put any boundary condition in thermal on the symmetry plane the results will be valid for symmetry. in structural side for load due to thermal the structural symmetry constraint is needed and available to choose. Does this make sense? try some simple model to be convinced. with and without symmetry cut.

Okay that's interesting. I was under the impression that you would have to use the exact same model in both analysis. I will try to compute a thermal calculation with a "full" modell and import those results into the mechanical module where I've loaded the "half" model. 

Top Tags