cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Traffic Light indicator shows Green - but not all is OK - has anyone else seen this?

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Traffic Light indicator shows Green - but not all is OK - has anyone else seen this?

I usually think that more users complain about the "traffic" light indicator in Creo that shows the yellow or red status but they're unable to easily trace the cause of the issue.

I stumbled on the reverse case - I have an assembly that shows a green light, yet the components in it are not located properly.  I am wondering if anyone else came across this issue.

Here was my situation (Creo 2.0, M210, btw).  I noticed that the patterned components in two of my assemblies were not lined up quite right; this was not a graphics artifact - as the measurement tool was reporting a small but significant misalignment.  The green light indicator was not showing anything wrong, and I didn't see any warnings in the message log.

So, after double-checking all the dimensions, I started to look at the definition of the pattern (axis-type).

In the first assembly, when I initiated the edit-definition of the pattern, the clue to the problem presented itself, as the selection box which contained the axis reference showed a yellow ball:

axis_pattern_problem_with_reference_axis.png

I re-selected the axis of revolution and regenerated and then all the components were lined up!

The troubling aspect is that there is a flagged problem with the reference in the feature definition, but the overall traffic light indicator isn't showing a yellow light.

In the second assembly, the yellow ball indicator for the axis reference was not there, yet the components were misaligned.  Little bit of more digging (right-click on the "1 item(s)", select "Information") showed there is something amiss:

axis_pattern_before_redefining.png

Once again, I selected the correct axis of revolution and after regeneration the assembly components were lined up:

axis_pattern_after_redefining.png

So just a warning to you all - green light does not always mean it's a go

1 REPLY 1
jbertels
4-Participant
(To:psobejko)

I have also seen this behaviour, in assemblies who are flexible in a higher level assembly, which is also in the Creo Session. This seems a to be an ongoing problem

Top Tags