cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

User Defined Force with time and displacement domain variables..

EPeters_PE
9-Granite

User Defined Force with time and displacement domain variables..

I'm attempting to model a stack of PZT elements undergoing compression.

Stage 1: Compression Linearly bases on material Modulus of Elasticity open circuit Eo, (could use a spring... BUT)

Stage 2: Circuit closes, ~ 40%  to 50% of the load is suddenly released, Modulus is now lower Ec

Stage 3: Compression is mechanically released back to pre-load

Cycle starts again.. 

I know my timing, to have switch a sudden change in load for a User Defined Force Motor

I can add a measure my displacement to use a User Defined Force Motor to act like a spring and only provide force if no separation between components.

But, how can I do both at the same time?  

User defined force motor seems to only be able to use one Domain variable to control the force equation.

Is there a way to use time domain on  a spring function or other work around?

I could turn on an opposing force of a constant magnitude equal to the drop in load, but, I would have to assume a displacement instead of letting the analysis find the displacement / load from the dynamic run and use it to calculate the load drop.

SIDE question:

Can I assign U and K values for my springs using a parameter in the model, so I can modify multiple simular springs all at once?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags