cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Welding symbols in Creo 2 assembly models

JamesM
1-Newbie

Welding symbols in Creo 2 assembly models

Hi All,

Im after some help with hiding welding symbols in assemblies.

I am able to create a decent looking weld model between 2 parts etc but I need to be able to hide the resulting weld symbol in the assembly as they are starting to block the the view of all the components.

The symbol dosent seem to have any "hide" function like I would normally expect, can anyone help me??

Thanks a lot, James M

4 REPLIES 4

You can put them on a layer. If you set your def_layer for weld features in your config.pro then they should be placed automatically on the layer at creation and you won't have to worry about it.

def_layer layer_weld_feat <layername>

I'm 95% sure it grabs the weld symbols onto the layer if you are using the weld module symbols....memory is a little foggy at the moment. If it's a custom symbol then you're on your own there.

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:JamesM)

aswank
1-Newbie
(To:bduncan)

Good video, but the layering only hides the weld feature, not the annotation. How do you hide the annotation, other than turning off the annotation display?

Hi,

I went through the entire thread and what i understood is that you want to hide the weld symbol entirely as it makes it bit complex if there lot of weld geometries. The solution for that is you need to go to ANNOTATION tab there in the detail tree you can find all the symbols and you will get option to hide or erase them as per your need. Hope this helps I will try to attach the snapshots later. Hope it helps.

With Regards

Tushar Sharma

Top Tags