cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

When it rains....it pours.

ptcuser11
1-Newbie

When it rains....it pours.

"*** A fatal error has occurred. *** An internal error has occurred in file s:\sim\engine\src\common\general\skyline.cxx, line 176.

Love it.

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Stephen,
Given your recent posts on Creo Sim errors, it appears that the product is pretty much in the beta release phase. The message below is a typical one intended for the software developers rather than the end users; it tells the programmers where in the code the so-called "exception" occured so they can debug it.
Perhaps, PTC, for business reasons, is trying to push the not-yet-well-debugged product outto the market(which is actually typical of the software industry in general, an which is whyI personally try to stay away from the 1st few releases of any new product).
Iouri (Yuri) Apanovitch

Iouri,

In PTC’s defense the error message was associated with WF4 this time. I have seen the error message before

on both WF4 and WF5. I know it is related to the automatically generated measures within Mechanica that are

created when creating interface connections that are bonded. Not sure which measure is the problem, but

deleting them all fixes the issue.

I have filed bug report on this one and the guys at PTC have emailed and are currently working on it.

Regarding Creo Sim, I just figured two years of development would yield first time better results. I have an

application which requires both LDA and contacts, thus the need to dive into the deep end of the pool with

Creo Simulate.

Steve

Top Tags