cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

creo simulation ; how can i set constarint in nonlinear analysis

윤송
5-Regular Member

creo simulation ; how can i set constarint in nonlinear analysis

it very simple

i want to know stress of twisted part on 1dgree.

could you let me konw how set "prescribed rotation" in constraint

thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gfraulini
17-Peridot
(To:윤송)

Hi,
you have to set a cylindrical coordinate system and refer the translation to its theta.
Remember to flag the interpretation like radians.

Nuova immagine.jpg

You can check out the result by making a displacement measure; it's being in mm, so it's measuring the arc of displacement.
You can't measure directly the angle; the measure "rotation" serves for beams or shels nodes that have also rotation degrees. The solid one doesen't have rotation degrees.

Nuova immagine (1).jpgNuova immagine (2).jpg

This thing can be make both in linear and non-linear analyses.
Bye

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gfraulini
17-Peridot

Hi,
you have to set a cylindrical coordinate system and refer the translation to its theta.
Remember to flag the interpretation like radians.

Nuova immagine.jpg

You can check out the result by making a displacement measure; it's being in mm, so it's measuring the arc of displacement.
You can't measure directly the angle; the measure "rotation" serves for beams or shels nodes that have also rotation degrees. The solid one doesen't have rotation degrees.

Nuova immagine (1).jpgNuova immagine (2).jpg

This thing can be make both in linear and non-linear analyses.
Bye

Cylindrical coordinate system - watch this limitation for twist situation.  

Interpret Angular Translations in Radians  - Beware that this cannot be used for Large Displacement.

Kuba_Toman
4-Participant

Hi,
What about to constraint displacement of one end of the part and apply weighted/rigid link between the other end and a point, say on the axis of rotation, and then apply a prescribed rotational constraint to the point with respect to the appropriate direction.

I like the rigid link,

example att.

yes, and if you need accurate stresses at either the constraint end or the rigid end then you need to model the fixture or component that does the constraining/loading.  Skunks model assumes rigid glue to a rigid apparatus.

Top Tags