cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

definition of a linear servo motor

ptc-6318743
1-Newbie

definition of a linear servo motor

Hello Everybody,

is there somebody who is very familiar with definition of a linear servo motor in MDX?

Currently I am working on a mechanism model of a tram driving along a track with different curvature and closed curve.

Please, advise how to motion my tram along the track driving around and around?

Thanks in advance!

Stanley

Prague

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I have almost no experience with Mechanism, but PTC Help says about Servo Motors "Servo motors cause a specific type of motion to occur between two bodies in a single degree of freedom." So it can probably be used to make a driving wheel rotate, but not to force the tram into following the track.

Maybe Cam-Follower Connections could be utilized to keep the tram on track?

Anybody having an idea? (and/or experience?)

Gunter

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:gkoch)

The best I have been able to do with core Creo is a link between a rotary servo motor and a guide curve. This makes keeping constant velocity tricky.

With the Mechanism extension module, there is such a thing as a slot motor. That would solve the problem.

MDX Linked Chain Model

Top Tags