Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fail to select objects

Highlighted

fail to select objects

I fail to select the objects in creo parametric 2.0 almost half of the time and a warning message will pop out saying that"to select the object, hold down Alt key to temporarily disable the selection filters"

Just like this one.

03152223_Y69V.jpg

I don't know what does this mean and what I should do.

Can anybody help me fix this problem?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: fail to select objects

Hi,

to prevent displaying the message, please activate tab related to object you want to select. This method has to be used especially in Drawing mode. For example: If you want to select sketched 2D geometry, then you have to activate Sketch tab.

MH

Martin Hanák

Do you mean to select objects from the model tree on the left? That will work but I'm having problem with directly selecting them in the graphics. After all, selecting objects from the model tree is not as convenient as direct selection.

What kind of workstation are you using?  I've had some reports of this problem, but only from users on Surface tablets, or using an HDMI connected TV as a monitor.

Hi,

I mean selecting objects in graphics window. Please describe, what are you selecting and attach picture of your situation.

MH

Martin Hanák

Almost forgot to mention that all the users reporting this to me were using Windows 10.  What OS are you using?

Well, everything here will usually take me 3 or 5 times of clicking before I can successfully select anything. Then it becomes normal for several clicks. After that I cannot select objects with only one click again. It is repeatedly happening like this.

QQ截图20160919215528.bmpw

I'm just using a laptop with Windows 10.

Hi,

you picture tells me that you have opened an assembly.

What do you want to select ? Is it some datum plane ? Please attach a picture with arrow pointing to reference you want to select.

What tab in ribbon user interface is active ? Please attach a picture of ribbon interface.

MH

Martin Hanák

Do you mean the menu for modeling on the top? Actually none of the taps is active now since I haven't started anything yet.

I first discover this problem because I wanted to make a sketch, which requires me to select a datum plane before I active the sketch.

Then I realized that I'm having problem selecting planes at once. So I check the stuff I mad before and find that I have the same problem with not only datum planes but also surfaces, lines and extrudes...

I'm not activating anything yet, I just open/create a file and try to select what has already been there.