cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

! failed to save an OLE object (Painbrush picture)

Beyontech1
1-Newbie

! failed to save an OLE object (Painbrush picture)

warning.JPG

I am trying to insert an object onto my Creo drawing and get the above warning.

In todays world a 8MP file is common and reducing the file will reduce clarity.

My question is what is the largest file CREO can handle?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

http://www.zamzar.com/convert/pdf-to-bmp/

Search Google for "PDF to BMP" and you will get more options.

OLE objects require specific drivers in Windows. I don't know how they work but I know that several listed are not supported by default OS and Creo installs.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Higher resolution images mean little as an imported OLE object in Creo. Their resolution will be limited regardless. You could reduce the image to 10% (10x smaller) and it will likely look exactly the same inside Creo.

I didn't know there was a limit, but now we do I am guessing the file is about 24 megs in size?

As a reference, the highest resolution you can obtain in a drawing of an added OLE image is 600 DPI; 150 DPI is default. I am not certain what the resolution is for images in 3D space. I haven't found a setting that changes this.

part.JPGUsing the following method.....

Insert -> Object -> paintbrush picture -> then cutting and pasting my file....

The largest file I have been able to paste is 500K!

I can import a 1.5mb PNG file without issue. See attached.

seatpic.PNG

Are you in part mode? I have had much larger files imported into a Part. then a .drw

My original post had to do with importing a vendor drawing information onto my Creo drawing for documentation purposes.

Sorry, missed that part.

Yes, import into drawing is working okay up to 3.25 megs. Not sure what the limit is.

importpic.PNG

Antonius, You are still in the part mode. (look in your lower left hand of the image above)

Please open a drawing and insert a bitmap into a .drw and tell me what you find..

Trust me, that is the drawing file. The note on the bottom just says what part is active in the drawing. See the SHEET 1 stuff?

For the sake of completeness, I took the bitmap image up to nearly 8 megs. The imported image and the drawing size have little to do with each other. In this case, a D-size drawing and an 11x17 120DPI color image (I know, it only has two colors!) is twice the size of the drawing. In case the drawing is only 11x17, again, the image was twice the size of the drawing. Go figure. I also find it difficult to maintain the aspect ratio when you have to resize these.

Regardless, I was able to import the 7.8mb image and save the drawing file.

However, these images can become unstable. I have had them disappear to never come back although they still exist as outlines and objects. I don't know what causes this but it happens. This method is not known as a robust achieve of method for historical drawing.

Enjoy

Video Link : 4341

Alright I believe you.

I still am having trouble importing anything greater then 500kb.

Is there a local setting that will govern this?

Antonius,

What computer are you using? what Operating system? and what build Creo are you using?

I am on a Lennovo THink station (6 core Xeon) running Windows 7 and on Creo 2 M50.

I am still limited to 500K

I am on a Dell Precision 6600 laptop on Windows 7 pro with Creo 2.0 M040.

I don't know of anything limiting the file size in settings. In the video, I was running to default config.pro as installed just to be sure. I'd say run this one by customer support by filing a case. You can reference this thread to show it -can- be done.

Have you tried importing the file I added above: dwg0020_underlay.bmp?

Now we are getting somewhere....

The bitmap worked and the .jpg did not and neither is the .png file.....

I am taking a PDF in Acrobat 11 and converting it....they do not give me the option of a .bmp

Untitled.jpg

How do I convert a .pdf to .bmp?

http://www.zamzar.com/convert/pdf-to-bmp/

Search Google for "PDF to BMP" and you will get more options.

OLE objects require specific drivers in Windows. I don't know how they work but I know that several listed are not supported by default OS and Creo installs.

Antonius, hold the phone......A right click in adobe will get you to the export bitmap......

it is not under the save as drop down.....tell the guys at ADOBE to add bmp to their export file drop down.

I am NOT joining another forum.

I just got a 7MB BITMAP file to import into CREO.

THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP.

I know I will have a better weekend.

Glad to hear it and good to know. Have a great weekend!

Top Tags