cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

graphics issues Precision M6600 on dock with two monitors

davehaigh
11-Garnet

graphics issues Precision M6600 on dock with two monitors

I have a Dell Precision m6600 that I primary use on a dock with two 19" monitors, 1600x1200.

It's started acting up when attached to the dock. I'll get pink pixels, worse on one monitor than the other, but both are affected. A screen capture doesn't capture this anomaly.
After a while the screen will black three times and I'll get a warning message that essentially says, the display driver stopped responding and successfully recovered.

The laptop works find from the built-in display. This problem is unique to being docked. Last week the display issues actually crashed me out of Creo several times.

I did fall at work just before Christmas and the laptop got a dent in the lower back right corner. But it's been working fine up to last week.

Anyone else seen issues like this?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

It's possible you damaged the heatsink installation on the graphics chip and it's overheating; maybe driving external screens is adding to the heat load.

Other alternative is it's one or both of the monitors that are having problems and there's a communication problem back that is causing the drivers to fail. That possibility can be checked by trying with different monitors/trying monitors on different laptops.

Top Tags