cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

mechanism in fuel injector(mdx & mdo)

ptc-4510561
1-Newbie

mechanism in fuel injector(mdx & mdo)

Kindly find the image

Requirement:

This particular fuel injector pump use in heavy vehicles

Intention: whenever the driver accelearting the pedal more than 1500 rpm the fuel should be cut off

main shaft mounted with housing using pin connection

fuel cut off shaft assembled with slider mechanism

governor will connect with main shaft using constriants.

fuel cut off shaft connected with spring (mdo)

the other end of spring connected with rigid body of another component.

governor has v type of part which will statrt to work when rpm goes beyond 1500 & v type part pull the fuel cut off shaft and it will close the fuel passage hole . the same time the spring will get compressed

Please help me out to complete the mechanism to acheive the above mentioned requirement.

what are the connection I need to assign & what type of motor i need to fix ?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Regardless of what it happening in the specification, the mechanism is a simulation of some sort.

If you have a "servo motor" that you are tracking the RPM, then you are asking for a trigger. I am not sure this is a mechanism definition, but rather an if statement in relations which triggers a display state or family table instance. I am not sure how best to "program" this requirement in Creo or Mechanism.

If it were me and I needed to -simulate- the action for a presentation, I might have two completely separate features driven by their own servo motor and defining a user defined motor profile. The 1st mechanism would be a tachometer and the second may be a servo driving a cam to show valve actuation.

Maybe a little more information on what you are trying to achieve or what purpose you are trying to achieve may help.

Also be warned that showing springs being actuated in an animation is tricky. Only one method that I know of works in showing a spring being compressed in each frame, and it is a trick by "hinging" coils all along the spring with relations.

Share me across if you have the assembly.

Top Tags