I am working with Creo Parametric 2.0 and often working with assemblies. Sometimes i use the Hide function to hide parts and subassemblies.
What i really need and a much better missing function is Hide Other. I want to select a few parts or sub-assemblies and then hide all non selected parts and subassemblies. If there are a way to do this today please let me know.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi Geir Ove,
you can use functionality of Layers and Find command.
Currently I do not have an idea, how to make the above procedure "on-click" action.
You can try to use mapkey functionality to execute steps 2-4.
Maybe you can try to develop AutoIt script.
1. Pick the components you want to see.
2. Right click and select Representation/Master.
This creates a simplified rep showing only the selected parts, whcih you can save if desired.
Instead of hiding them directly, create a layer and put the items you want to see on that layer and change the layer visibility mode to Isolate.
"In Assembly mode, if you set a specific layer or layers to Isolate, PTC Creo Parametric hides all components. In addition, PTC Creo Parametric hides all other items that are assigned to any non-Isolate layer."
You can also create a layer that is driven by a rule that includes all items not on the layer created, making it so that all items are covered. Normally Isolate will show those items on the Isolated layer and all items not on any layer. The rule forces all items to be on some layer, so they don't show up unexpectedly.
1. Copy my attached mapkey to your config.pro
2. Create a simplified rep called "3" in your assembly (You can make this in your start parts)
3. Call mapkey pressing F9
4. Select components to isolate and press resume.
Tell me if it has worked.
I think its easy for PTC to implement such an option for Creo users.
I think it's cool enough to put on the "wish list"
As a realative new Creo user this forum is very usefull for me.
Listen to Nate!
What he describes does pretty much that, except you are not working with hide but a temporary simp rep.
Select components you wantto see, right mouse button 'Represenation' -> 'Master'
This will excluse all other components in a temp. Simp Rep. If you want to switch back you simply go the view magager, Simp rep tab and hit Master again to display everything.
Quick and easy, no layers, no rules no new selection mechanism...
But that only works if the you haven´t changed the simp rep.
If you exclude one component that method doesn´t work anymore. With the mapkey I shared before, you can still isolate the components you want.
1. With my method, if you want to save a new simplified Rep of the visible parts, you can do that by simply right clicking on the Master Rep in the simp rep menu and saving under a new name.
2. You can add visible parts to the modified master rep by selecting them from the model tree and right click and choosing master rep.
3. You can reset the visibility of the assembly by double clicking the master rep.