cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

"agem_bad_geom" group

346gnu
12-Amethyst

"agem_bad_geom" group

Hi,

How can we use the "agem_bad_group" in Creo Simulate?

(used to use it in independent mode)

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your question......let me try to answer this for you.

In independent mode (legacy Mechanica), the system use to create groups during AutoGEM or engine run. These groups used to contain relevant geometry, nodes or elements etc. One such was “agem_bad_group” and used to contain bad geometry found by the engine.

In Creo Simulate, we do not create these groups....instead we list all such info/warning/error messages in diagnostics dialog.

Please let me know if that does not answer your question. If you need further information, you can email me at -.

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

Can we get this or a simular function added back into Creo Simulate?
You have no idea how much time I waste looking for BAD CAD geometry in assemblies where Creo Simulate is having trouble meshing matting parts or a particular part in an assembly. It troubles me where we used to be able to go into standalone mechanica to find the nodes with errors and now we are not able to. I get alot of errors reported in the diagnostic box saying element, curve, surface highlighted related to the error but nothing is highlighted.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this,
Don Anderson

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:mfischer)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

It's Don's point re Diagnostics not highlighting geometry but also to be compounded from Creo 3.0 by the withdrawal of standalone, hence my original question.

Thanks

Charles

Hi Charles and Don,

In an ideal scenario, all the bad geometry should be listed in diagnostics. If you are finding that information captured in the legacy BAD geometry group, but not in the diagnostic, can you file the issue and we can investigate.

Our intent is to enable all this pertinent information to be available in the diagnostic tool.

Thanks,

Mark

Top Tags