cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

sketcher constraints UI

rollinsn
1-Newbie

sketcher constraints UI

Howdy,

The flyout for sketcher constraints is driving me nuts. Any slick
ideas on how to keep it open - or keep the icon the same? I can never
find it because it always looks different (like the last constraint
used.)

I guess if that is all I have to complain about, I am doing well.
Thanks for your ideas.

-Nate

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate,

You're right on with that statement. The constraints fly-out is a major pain in the ass. I can never fine it either. What genius at PTC decided "Hey... let's change the look of the icon each time they use it - It'll be fun !" All releases prior to WF 5 had the same icon all the time. Easy to find every time.

Bah-Hum-Bug.

Bob

Original post below...

Just as I suspected, PTC left some room for improvement again. It is
funny, however, that many times they way it was worked great and then
there is a change that leaves room for improvement... Why can't they
just "fix" the things that we complain about?

Anyway,

I got more "co-miserable" responses than work-arounds. Here is what I
learned:

1) Create mapkeys for the individual constraints, map them to
custom icons and populate the sketcher toolbar with your new icons.
Lyle took the time to create a slick video to illustrate the icon
creation - I am sure he wouldn't mind if I shared it. Let me know...

2) In sketcher, if you RMB with two entities selected, you get an
appropriate selection of constraints to apply. I have yet to remember
to try this, but it sounds a lot like how SolidWorks lets you apply
"relations". If this works well, I will not bother creating custom
icons...

And that's all.

Thanks again!

-Nate

hippe
1-Newbie
(To:rollinsn)

Get used to pre-selection of elements you want to constrain and RMB, it is faster than seeking an icon with your cursor. (It took me a while to get past the icon changing for the constraint tool too.) Another option if you must have icons:Select Tools --> Customize screenand select the Toolbars tab, you can scroll to the bottom and activate Toolbar 1, 2 or 3. Then select the Commands tab, pick the Sketch category and drag/drop your constraint icons to the toolbar you perviously activated. You wil now have a toolbar you can placewith sketch constraint icons. Although this will pollute your borders with more icons... 😞
Top Tags