cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Portal login and auto-configure for ThingWorx Studio Pilot Program Participants

katte
1-Newbie

Portal login and auto-configure for ThingWorx Studio Pilot Program Participants

With release 1.9.1, pilot and free trial participants can auto-configure ThingWorx Studio to make it easier to get up and running quickly.  The auto-configure process does the following:​

• Configures the sample projects included with your ThingWorx Studio installation so that when you publish those projects they are published to your experience service and can be viewed in ThingWorx View using one of your ThingMarks
  • Retrieves the Experience Service (ES) URL - can find at Project -> Configuration -> Info section. We are no longer sending the ES url through welcome email.
  • Downloads your ThingMarks and makes them available on the My ThingMarks page inside ThingWorx Studio so that you can view your ThingMarks and print them out

In order to complete the auto-configuration process, users are first required to authenticate using their PTC Account credentials.  For participants in the ThingWorx Studio Free Trial, this does not introduce any confusion since they use their PTC Account credentials for everything: accessing the Studio Portal, publishing experiences from ThingWorx Studio, downloading experiences to ThingWorx View and working in ThingWorx Composer.

However, for participants in the ThingWorx Studio Pilot Program, this may introduce some confusion.  Unlike free trial participants, pilot participants have two sets of credentials:

• PTC Account credentials used to access the Studio Portal and Auto-Configure ThingWorx Studio
  • Experience Service credentials provided in their Pilot Program Welcome Email that are used to publish experiences from ThingWorx Studio, view experiences in ThingWorx View and access ThingWorx Composer

The auto-configuration process requires users to authenticate using their PTC Account credentials.  Since the auto-configuration process occurs inside ThingWorx Studio and pilot participants do not normally use their PTC Account credentials inside ThingWorx Studio, this may cause some confusion.

Note

• The users that received access to an experience service instance before February 17, 2017 is a participant in the pilot program
  • Any user that received access to an experience service on or after February 17, 2017 is a participant in the free trial.
7 REPLIES 7

My PTC credentials are getting rejected when I try to publish the tutorial quad copter.

I don't believe I am part of the pilot.

any thoughts on how to get passed this?

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:katte)

Hi Oscar,

It looks like you are in fact part of the pilot program. Please use the credentials sent to you in your welcome email to publish.

awesome! thank you... except I can't find that email anywhere.

can you help me reset mypassword or resend that email?

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

I forwarded you the email that contains your credentials.

can you send it again, but rename the .zip to .ngzip

my email firewall blocked it 😕

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

sure! I have resent it with the zip renamed to .ngzip.

asiirilä
4-Participant

Hi,

I've got the same issue. The problems started after I had installed the 8.0.1 version.

Now, I cannot publish my experiences in the Studio and

I cannot access to the composer

When I try to validate the experience service I get the following error:

What has changed? What could be the problem? Before the update everything worked well.

Top Tags