cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Access camera data?

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Access camera data?

Hi folks--

I'm working on a couple of applications where it would be useful to be able to extract some information from the video stream on the camera, e.g. OCR. Is there any way to access the camera data in Vuforia Studio? It would be enough to be able to periodically capture a snapshot of the current camera view.

I've tried $scope.app.camera.getPictureData() and $scope.device.camera.getPictureData(), but both of those return reference errors saying "Camera is not defined".

--Clay

2 REPLIES 2

I was just poking around the same area looking at the location function. Which works in preview but not on the devices as View does not have location permissions.

I tried camera also with similar results. Have you tried the camera calls on a device? Possibly that does not work in preview but would on a device.

Also FYI the device commands seem to map back to appScope at least in preview, from the app.js

twx.device.camera = appScope.camera;
      twx.device.location = appScope.location;
      twx.device.acceleration = appScope.acceleration;

Thanks for the reply. I have checked on both the browser preview and device, and I get the same error in both contexts.

I will check the appScope angle, but I suspect the issue is at a lower level than that...

Top Tags