cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Augmented reality for None CAD data.

TARUN_KUMAR
4-Participant

Augmented reality for None CAD data.

Hi,

Hi,
My questions is that for the product view experience in augmented reality for that we can use thingworx app or software which is based on the CAD. But if we what feel augment reality for none CAD data?
For Example, If I want to look for buying flat somewhere. For this, I need to see the flat. For this flat, we do not have any CAD model. But we want just like an Augment reality experience.Basically, We want to see none CAD data in augmented reality.
Is it Possible and how it is going to work?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Tarun Kumar

3 REPLIES 3

I can't think of a way to achieve your desired outcome without having a model of what you want to see in your experience. In ThingWorx Studio, CAD models are used for the virtual object. 

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:TARUN_KUMAR)

@TARUN_KUMAR There are ways to show 2D images and Video or animation which can appear and give some experience in ThingWorx Studio. However, the real essence of AR goes missing without the usage of 3D content and models.

Considering your use case, there could be Views & Experience with Floor Layout, Building Material and Facilities, Flat 2D images and videos in case you do not have plans to add 3D stuff.

-Durgesh

TARUN_KUMAR
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Thanks@Durgesh

Top Tags