cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Best practices for building a rotating carousel of CAD Models

jambrose
6-Contributor

Best practices for building a rotating carousel of CAD Models

Customer is looking for a way to WOW their clients, was looking for the old Apple UI the allowed a large spinning circle of Models if possible. If no template available the thought was to build out a large asm in Creo Parametric, Load into Creo Illustrate, then load into Vuforia Studio. Then all the products equally spaced in a large circle, rotating with use a slider or other widget to spin to different product solutions inside the experience.

1 REPLY 1
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:jambrose)

Building the assembly in Creo is not a bad method, and maybe the best. You could also bring in all the models desperately and then move their position via JS taking input from the slider. There is also a post in here about enabling swipe actions, so maybe you could use swipes to rotate to the next product.

I have done the move stuff via JS method to make a slider move a complex kinematic assembly move with good results. I brought all my x,y,z,rx,ry,rz data in as JSON (it was calculated in Creo Mechanism), if you just need to rotate models about a center point it might be easier to just figure out the math for that and calculate the positions.

I would use the $scope.setWidgetProp(StudioID, Property, Value) method as it updates faster than the $scope.view.wdg method.

Top Tags