cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can't hide components in Vuforia Studio

feil
11-Garnet

Can't hide components in Vuforia Studio

Hi.
I'm trying to hide some 3D-Labels and 3D-Images in the Canvas to have a better overview while developing my experience, but it does not work. If I select the widget and click the "Hide Components"-Button nothing happens. Do I miss something?
Is I click on the widget the Button is active but the widget still vissible??? (see attached screeshot)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:feil)

Hi @feil,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Have you tried the opacity property of the 3D widget? For example, Select a 3D-Image and then make the value of the opacity property to 0 as shown below:Screenshot_21.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ytella
17-Peridot

Hi @feil ,

One of the ways to hide components from canvas is as follows:

• Uncheck the visible property of 3D-Image/3D-Label
  • Create an application parameter by clicking +sign next to Application Parameters -> Type your desired name in the name field and set it's value to true as shown below:Screenshot_19.png

• Drag and drop the bind icon of application parameter on to the visible property of 3d-Image/3DLabel as shown below:Screenshot_16.png

• Click Home.js and write the below function:
    • $scope.visibleImage = function() {

$scope.app.params.visibleparameter = false;

};

• Drag and drop a button widget on to the 2D canvas and call the above js function in it's click event as shown below:Screenshot_17.png

• Save and test the experience

Hope this helps!

feil
11-Garnet
(To:ytella)

Hi.

I think I was missunderstood.
Hiding thinks in an experience is no problem. 
I wanted to hide elements while im developing the experience. At the moment I have so much components on the screen on I can't see some thinks anymore If I drop new thinks on the canvas.
Just want to hide som components while im working on the experience, not within the experience.

ytella
17-Peridot

Hi @feil,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Have you tried the opacity property of the 3D widget? For example, Select a 3D-Image and then make the value of the opacity property to 0 as shown below:Screenshot_21.png

jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:ytella)

This feature has been requested many times and is much needed. For now as @ytella mentioned opacity is the only option for hiding stuff in design, this also works for 3D models and modelItems.

Top Tags