cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Cannot get data from ThingWorx when Requires Authentication is on in HoloLens

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite

Cannot get data from ThingWorx when Requires Authentication is on in HoloLens

Hi!

The problem is basic. I cannot get any data from ThingWorx in HoloLens experience while Req Auth is selected.

I am able to login, but not able to get any data.

My user is Administrator and it is in Administrators groups as well.

It is working in Preview and on mobile.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

One more thing is that ES is configured to have a Proxy with ThingWorx. I was not involved in configuration. On the THingWorx side I cannot see es-public-user and related data at all. Is this a problem?

EDIT2:

Found the difference. In mobile I am asked to:

Mobile:

1. Login while accessing Experience via ThingMark

2. Login one more time when first reqest to ThingWorx is called

HoloLens:

1. Login while accessing Experience via ThingMark

2. I AM NOT ASKED TO LOGIN ONE MORE TIME WHEN ACCESSING DATA FROM TWX

How we can resolve that?

Adam

3 REPLIES 3
jmaloney
5-Regular Member
(To:A_Macierzynski)

Hi Adam,

Is this an on-premises system, could hosted system or a free trial system?

A few things that you mention seem to indicate that the system might be mis-configured:

• The double login prompt usually occurs when the authentication realm is not the same for the experience service and the ThingWorx server.  The authentication realm for the ES should be synchronized with the TWX authentication realm by the installer.
  • The es-public-access user, the es-public-access-org organization and associated permissions should be added to the TWX server by the installer.

The es-public-access user would only impact the ability of "Public" experiences to access TWX data.  In the case of an experience that "Requires Authentication", the account of the logged in user is used to access TWX data.  Therefore, the logged in user must have permission to view the TWX data that is supposed to be displayed in the experience.  You can test whether the user has access by logging into the TWX composer and seeing if the user can view the properties of interest.

Additional information about configuring access to ThingWorx data can be found in the Access Control section of the Install and Deploy Vuforia Experience Service guide (starting on page 84 in the 8.3.7 version of the guide).

John M.

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:jmaloney)

Hi John!

You should see my edits in question above. I am able to do login from Mobile without any issues. I am able to login in Preview and in ThingWorx Composer as well. The only Thing which is not working is that I am able to authenticate myself in HoloLens while scanning ThingMark for the first time. Then Experience is downloaded and 3D model is displayed. Thats ok. Next I have a button which is invoking ThingWorx service. This is simply not working. In mobile I can see second auth window. In HoloLens I cannot. Thats the issue.

My User is Administrator, so I have an access to basically everything.

And yes, THingWorx has different relam than ES. It was setup by PTC Cloud.

Regards,

Adam

Yuxiu
5-Regular Member
(To:A_Macierzynski)

Do you mind trying the same experience on a Windows Surface device, e.g. if you get the 2nd authentication for the TWX and see the IoT data? Thanks. 

Top Tags