cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Change Occurence of Model Item dynamically

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite

Change Occurence of Model Item dynamically

Hello!

Is there any way to change Occurence of Model Item dynamically?

I tried to change it that way:

$scope.view.wdg['modelItem-3'].idpath = "/123/123";

I am sure that this id exists, but it is not changing at all.

Tried also to invoke some "reload" functions which I found. For instance:

PTC.GLOBAL_SCENE.reloadModelData();

Still nothing happend.

Any ideas? Is this possible?

Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES 3

In the HTML i found, that occurence is static, and cannot be changed from code if I am not wrong:

occurrence="/74/103"

Other params look slightly different:

x="{{me.x}}"

I would say that this is not possible so far. I will find any workaround which is not painful I will post it here.

Adam

Found also this thing:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio-Tech-Tips/How-to-select-model-components-in-a-3d-model-without-explicit/m-p/579929#M55

This is what I needed actually! My bad that I didnt check Studio Tips!

some addtional comment there. So in this case the object tml3dRenderer is good canditate to be used here. Because is not documented /declared as public API we could discover by ourself.

2018-11-22_15-21-26.jpgThis object is  acctually the render object and it is injected as tml3dRenderer in the twxViewControllersModule in the app.js

twxViewControllersModule.controller('Home_TwxViewController',
      function ($scope, $element, $attrs, $timeout, $interval, $http, $ionicPopup, 
$ionicPopover, $stateParams, $location, $rootScope,
tml3dRenderer, $injector, $sce) { $scope.app = twx.appScope; $scope.device = twx.device; $scope.view = { ....

I do not believe that we can expect that this name could change but there just in case an other other general method to received this object:

$scope.renderer = window.cordova ? vuforia : $injector.get('threeJsTmlRenderer');
console.warn('renderer');
console.warn(renderer);

in this case the printing in the console will be the same as shown in the picture above

So if you want to use for examle the method translate to move  dynamical a component

tml3dRenderer.setTranslation('model-1-/0/0/3/2, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
//moves the component with idPath /0/0/3/2 of the model-1
//to x=1;y=1 and z=1

But sometimes  the position could be  not as expected, because it is regarding to the 0  coordinates ,but not to the current component position - so means when we create a model item widget for this component some time the values of x,y,z and rx,ry and rz could be different  from zero 

2018-11-22_16-07-19.jpg

As shown in the picture above we can find out what is the current position - so when we create a new modelitem widget in this case the values of x,y,z,rx,ry,rz properties mirror the  current component position. 

Top Tags