cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Change Thingworx Composer Permissions for Pi Example Project

DanielPi
5-Regular Member

Change Thingworx Composer Permissions for Pi Example Project

Hello Dear Community,

today I wanted to do the Raspberry Pi Tutorial and got stuck in the Thingworx Composer.

I used the written tutorial and followed the video tutorial. You can find them here:

At one point I had to take my Experience Server URL and extend it with /thingworx to get to the platform. This was my first time ever logging in there.

In the tutorial it says I have to create a new Application Key and then a new Thing but I have basically only permission to read and view, but in order to do these steps I probably need Design Time and Run Time as well.

I am on a Trial-Account.

I already looked for a solutions to this but somehow couldn't apply them. I can't even do anything else besides reading.

Is there any way to make the Raspberry Pi Project work without the need to edit? There was an Thing and Thing Template specifically for the Raspberry Pi already, but it seems like the Data isn't connecting. 

Thanks in advance for any possible solution!

Best regards

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanielPi
5-Regular Member
(To:DanielPi)

I actually found an answer!

Since 2018 the instances were changed and Trial-Accounts don't have Admin-Rights anymore. For the Tutorials there are pre-created Things and Thing-Templates and an Application-Key as well. For the Raspberry Pi Tutorial it is necessary to use quotation marks for the "Thing(xxxx)" as seen within the image below:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-12 um 20.47.11.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DanielPi
5-Regular Member

It also says the following:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-11 um 20.43.38.png

I also don't have an admin account or anything else. I just logged in with my ptc trial account data...

DanielPi
5-Regular Member

I actually found an answer!

Since 2018 the instances were changed and Trial-Accounts don't have Admin-Rights anymore. For the Tutorials there are pre-created Things and Thing-Templates and an Application-Key as well. For the Raspberry Pi Tutorial it is necessary to use quotation marks for the "Thing(xxxx)" as seen within the image below:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-12 um 20.47.11.png

Top Tags