cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Changing gridlayout using js

cmodin
6-Contributor

Changing gridlayout using js

As part of my experience I have a long parts list that users can interact with to put together a shopping list. Is it possible to manipulate gridlayout and widgets using js to dynamically add a row and several widgets to the new row as needed? I ran across someone talking about how they found the code to create widgets in runtime but I haven't been able to find his (or her) example again to implement it into the experience. I could set it all up manually but there's 200+ entries that I'd need to do it for each part of my experience so if there's a way to streamline the process that'd be amazingly helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cmodin,

I do not believe that it is currently possible to change dynamically the grid layout. If we suppose that still, we can try to use some of the UI interfaces methods to add some row and columns but this  will extremely  difficult to be handled – so many  part with a dynamic grid.

I think we can use instead  use a DataGrid as mention in the post "Data Format of Data Grid". So for example you list could be a service which returns an infoTable and you can display it .

In case that your require a row coating not only a labels but also other widget you can try to use an repeater 

In the picutre below, I have a repater which contains  rows with different widgets (image, labels and checkbox)

2019-07-05_17-44-08.jpg

2019-07-05_17-43-25.jpg

In this example it is on popup widget, but it could be also used in a panel. When the list is longer as displayed - a vertical scroll bar automatically appears as part of the repeater functionality.

May be here the usage of a repeater widget could be an option for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @cmodin,

I do not believe that it is currently possible to change dynamically the grid layout. If we suppose that still, we can try to use some of the UI interfaces methods to add some row and columns but this  will extremely  difficult to be handled – so many  part with a dynamic grid.

I think we can use instead  use a DataGrid as mention in the post "Data Format of Data Grid". So for example you list could be a service which returns an infoTable and you can display it .

In case that your require a row coating not only a labels but also other widget you can try to use an repeater 

In the picutre below, I have a repater which contains  rows with different widgets (image, labels and checkbox)

2019-07-05_17-44-08.jpg

2019-07-05_17-43-25.jpg

In this example it is on popup widget, but it could be also used in a panel. When the list is longer as displayed - a vertical scroll bar automatically appears as part of the repeater functionality.

May be here the usage of a repeater widget could be an option for you.

Top Tags