cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Connecting thingworx platform with vuforia studio

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite

Connecting thingworx platform with vuforia studio

I have thingworxrunning on my azure cloud instance and vuforia studio account. how I can have all the data of things and dervices I create in my thingworx platform to display that data in my AR exprience.? ,how to add that data as external data in vuforia studio.? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @InfinityX ,

The Vuforia Studio trial is limited to the provided ThingWorx instance. Custom things and connections to external ThingWorx instances are not supported for the trial, but simulated data is provided that can be used in experiences. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:InfinityX)

Hello,

A third software is needed.

It is named Vuforia Experience Service.

When installing it, a ThingWorx server is needed to manage authentification in Experiences and to read or to update Properties of Things.

In Vuforia Studio, a Project is published to an Experience. 

• Did you install a Vuforia Experience Service with on-premise program ?

Best regards,

Samuel

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:sdidier)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I don't know what is Vuforia Experience Service software is ? where I can download it and how I can configure it..?

sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:InfinityX)

Hello,

• We can find more details about it in this documentation :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/Vuforia_Experience_Service/8.4.2/ESInstallDeploy_173159?&posno=1&q=Vuforia%20Experience%20Service&DocumentType=Reference%20Document&Product=Vuforia%20Experience%20Service&source=search

• If your account have the license, it can be donwloaded it from PTC Software Download under Vuforia Studio Products.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=VFS

In last Release 8.4 > Vuforia Experience Service nodes, download installer for your server (Windows or Red Hat linux distribution)

• If you don't have the license, a trial environment can be setup temporay here :

https://trial.studio.vuforia.com/login/

In a such case, I don't know if it is possible to link the ThingWorx Composer available in this trial environment to another external ThingWorx Composer by Federation.

I didn't check it by myself but I am not aware about a limitation for trial instance hosted a PTC.

• What is the way you have Vuforia Studio ?
  • Is it by the trial program or by the license or by suscribtion to PTC Cloud ?

Best regards,

Samuel

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:sdidier)

Hi samuel,

Thanks samuel for reply. I do have license for thingworx but not for vuforia studio or for vuforia experience service.

but I'm using vuforia studio trial license.

Hi @InfinityX ,

The Vuforia Studio trial is limited to the provided ThingWorx instance. Custom things and connections to external ThingWorx instances are not supported for the trial, but simulated data is provided that can be used in experiences. 

Top Tags