cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Thingmarks in ThingWorx Studio

Re: Custom Thingmarks in ThingWorx Studio

Hi @whity,

I am not sure if I understood correctly your quesiton - 

So I will answer here the quesiton how to add the VuMakrs  so that they should be displayed in the Configuration - > My ThingMarks :

2019-01-30_11-29-04.gif

An then should be selectable :

2019-01-30_11-29-34.gif

I know that this is working for PTC thingmarks but I hope it could work also for customer vumarks. If not then please, let me know so to ask dev team.

So to add thingmarks in Studio:

1.) stop the Studio on Windows

2.) copy the svg files to the  <Your User>\Documents\VuforiaStudio\ThingMarks

3.) open the <Your User>\Documents\VuforiaStudio\builder-settings.json

4.) and add the thingmarks to the 

2019-01-30_11-41-33.gif

I am sorry , after further check -  I found an internal Info form development with the following statement - /status end of November 2018: 

"Studio currently only supports using ThingMarks. We do not have any short term plans to support Vumarks."

So means that we can not used VuMarks in Studio! So that my previous post is valid ony for Thingmarks

This matches with what I have heard from PTC also. As a compromise we have been modifying the stock ThingMarks to be more subtle and not have the PTC logo on them. As long as you follow the guidelines for maintaining the contrast ratio between light and dark areas you can change the colors of the data matrix, you are also free to do whatever you want in the background area. Below is a production example for what we are doing. The "47" is the bike size this is mostly to make sure we can keep the stickers straight but also works as a second size sticker on the bike. We have found 60% grey and black to work well in the field if you are looking for minimum contrast ratio.

2019-01-30 15_39_38-C19_SystemSix_AR_47_v1.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png

Thanks

This is what I was asking whether we can have a thingmark with our own image partially,

Thanks a lot.

-Ravi