cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dislplaying real time data using 3D gauge in thingworx AR experience.

hkaur-3
1-Newbie

Dislplaying real time data using 3D gauge in thingworx AR experience.

Hi,

I have an IOT based AR experience where I have to display data from TI sensor tags using 3D gauge in my AR experience. I have another android app that can collect data from TI sensor tag and can store data in a CSV file in the device's memory itself. So if thingworx support any cloud or storage to send the csv file, then it could be possible to display data in AR experience like I used CAR1 to display random data. Please help me how can I solve thins problem. Is there any way through which I can store the CSV file and display data in 3D gauge in my AR experience.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Himashri,

there are different ways you can achieve that:

1. use the Android Edge SDK in your Abdroid app to send the data to the Thingworx server (you'll have to use port 8443). A link to the documentation is included in the marketplace page that the link points to.
  2. Use the Thingworx REST API from your Android app and send the data to a service that you create for it. You can send the data in json format with an http/s Post request. Check out the documentation of the Thingworx REST API for more details.

Cheers, moritz

Thanks for your reply. It would be great if you provide with more details how to push the data to thingworx server as well as to display data using 3D gauge in AR experience. Please give the links of tutorials and documentation if any. Does it require coding also.

Thanks again.

katte
1-Newbie
(To:hkaur-3)

As suggested by Moritz, posting the data from Android to Thingworx server is a ThingWorx concept. But for retrieving the data, follow the tutorial - Studio - Using Thing Entity for Data - YouTube

Himashri,

you can search the Thingworx Developer community from thew top right search box. For the topics I found excellent material:

There is a great intro to the Android SDK in the developer community: Getting Mobile with ThingWorx and Android

ThingWorx REST API documentation: ThingWorx REST API Cheat Sheet​ , REST API Overview and Examples , Video Link : 1460​ , Video Link : 1461

Top Tags