cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Download Vuforia Studio for Mac OS

pjahn
16-Pearl

Download Vuforia Studio for Mac OS

What is the correct procedure to update Vuforia Studio on a Mac? If I click on "Update" I am asked for a username and password. This leads to https://studio.vuforia.com but I do not have a trial account (as PTC partner). So how can we get an update/the installation package for Vuforia Studio?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Allan,

As far I know, Vuforia Studio is accessible for any PTC Partners like other PTC Products.

Today, some PTC Partners have already Vuforia Studio attached to SON/SCN.

These Partners are able to open cases.

For more details, a partner should contact a PTC Channel Account Manager or a PTC Sale to have the license.

Best regards,

Samuel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:pjahn)

Hello,

As a PTC Partner, you might have the installer in PTC Software Download web page: 

1. Go to this web site https://www.ptc.com/en/support
  2. Click the Download Software button
  3. In Vuforia Studio category, in Release x.x > Vuforia StudioMost Recent Datecode node
  4. A DMG package is available
  5. Download it
  6. Run it on MacOs 

Best regards,

Samuel

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:sdidier)

We do not have access to Vuforia software in the download portal. I have been told by a PTC representative that this might be by intention since the integration of support services for Vuforia is not yet completed.

sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello,

I have checked another partner account and he has the access to Vuforia.

• For which partner are you working ?

I will contact your PTC Representative to see how to enable the license.

I will try to enable the access to Vuforia Studio to PTC Download page.

Best regards,

Samuel

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:sdidier)

TECHSOFT in Austria.
sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello, 

To be able to download Vuforia Studio for Mac, TECHSOFT should have the license.

It seems that PTC Sales have sent a document to be signed about that to TECHSOFT.

PTC is waiting back this document signed to enable the license.

Best regards,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Has there been some changes in access for PTC Partners?  You mention about paperwork being sent.

I've had conversations with PTC people explaining that there's still not a process for assigning a SON/SCN to partners for Vuforia Studio, so that means we can't get access to the software like we do for all the other products.

Partners get a trial instance with no expiry date.  We've been running on the same instance since July 2016.  This is working fine, but it would be nice to be able to properly log calls for customers and be able to download the software.

Cheers,

Allan

Hello Allan,

As far I know, Vuforia Studio is accessible for any PTC Partners like other PTC Products.

Today, some PTC Partners have already Vuforia Studio attached to SON/SCN.

These Partners are able to open cases.

For more details, a partner should contact a PTC Channel Account Manager or a PTC Sale to have the license.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags