cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Error when starting Vuforia Studio

cs316
3-Visitor

Error when starting Vuforia Studio

I have a problem with starting my Vuforia Studio 30 day-trial version. It´s downloaded, installed, everything okay. When try to start the application, it gives back an error.

It says I should check the protocol, which I attached to this post.

Error Message and the protocol are attached.

I have no idea how to fix this, I would really appreciate some help!

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:cs316)

Hi @cs316,

I have observed the below error in the screenshot:

error: [twx-studio:index] uncaughtException { Error: listen EADDRINUSE 127.0.0.1:3000

Could you please verify if another process is running on port 3000 and kill/move that process if blocked.

Please restart  Vuforia Studio and open the application again after the above modification.

cs316
3-Visitor
(To:ytella)

Hi @ytella,

thanks for the fast reply!!

How can I check if another process is running on port 3000?

I remember that an old trial version worked on this port, but actually I deleted every PTC-Application before installing the new trial version...

Thank you!

The way I've checked is to open the Resource Monitor (press the Windows key and just type in the name) and then go to Network Tab and sort the Listening Ports by port number and look if anything is running on port 3000.

If the software that is already using port 3000 can't be stopped, or removed due to some requirements, then you can set an environment variable to change the port as described in this post: Is it possible to change the port number for ThingWorx Studio?

Hope this helps.

Allan

Okay, thanks.

I checked all ports (see attachement), but no process is running on exactly port 3000.

Is there anything else I can check? Or any other possibility to get this software running?

Chris

What if you try setting it to run on a different port number?

Hi. How do you set it to run on a different port number?

Top Tags