cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ForceHidden issues on HoloLens

AllanThompson
16-Pearl

ForceHidden issues on HoloLens

Hi All,

Well now that Creo Illustrate sequences work on the HoloLens, I've been going back to update some of my experiences with animations that I couldn't use before and have encountered a problem with forceHidden not working as expected when viewing the experience.

I've got an experience that shows 4 doors opening on a vehicle when a user clicks on them.  But sometimes I'll have a 2 door vehicle, so I don't want to see the rear doors.  The rear doors are a separate model widget with their own PVZ file with the sequence selected and I'm setting the widget property forceHidden = true when I don't want to see them.

It all works perfectly in the preview, but on the HoloLens, it ignores the setting and doesn't hide the rear doors when it should.

Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers,

Allan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So to get it to work, I used an application parameter to control the transparency of the model widget.  When I don't want to see it, I set the application parameter to 0 and the model disappears

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

So doing a bit more troubleshooting and it seems that when viewing an experience on the HoloLens, there's no support for dynamic model loading where there's a sequence in play.

Since I couldn't hide the elements that I wanted to, I though I'd just use JS change their source to an empty PVZ file.  Again this works fine in the preview, but doesn't work on the HoloLens. Smiley Frustrated

So to get it to work, I used an application parameter to control the transparency of the model widget.  When I don't want to see it, I set the application parameter to 0 and the model disappears

Top Tags