cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Hardware requirements for Spatial Target experiences on Android devices

IstvanPolacsek
12-Amethyst

Hardware requirements for Spatial Target experiences on Android devices

Hi!

I have noticed that Spatial Target experiences does not work on all Android devices (v5+).

Is there any list describing which devices are supported?

Or, if not, what should I consider choosing a device for ST experiences?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@IstvanPolacsek You can refer to Product Help center documentation for latest details. Also, check out the Vuforia supported device list for Android, iOS and Windows. 

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@IstvanPolacsek You can refer to Product Help center documentation for latest details. Also, check out the Vuforia supported device list for Android, iOS and Windows. 

-Durgesh

@dupatel Thank you very much!

I see that the Android device list contains mostly Phones.

Do you have any information about:

• How often does this list being updated?
  • Is there any plan to include Tablets as well?

As i understand it Spatial Tracking depends on Ground Plane support in AR Kit (Apple) or AR Core (Android). Ground Plane support requires a minimum set of sensor (6-axis IMU) AND a per device calibration file produced by the phone manufacturer. This is why you see wide support on Apple as they only make a few devices and they are the OEM and the developer evangelizing AR Kit. Android required every OEM to create a calibration file for their devices and as we see with OS updates on Android many OEMs are reluctant to do anything for a device after the initially ship it. This is why Google and Samsung dominate that supported device list.

Top Tags