cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Having trouble adding PVZ file to Studio

skibum_1260
2-Guest

Having trouble adding PVZ file to Studio

So I have some steps built in creo illustrator and I am now trying to import this into Vuforia Studio however I can not select the PVI file even after I upload it.  The only option it gives me is "Figure 1".  Has anyone else seen this before?  I can upload the main model using the pvz file no problem but I can not use the PVI file I have saved out. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Out of Illustrate you should be publishing a .pvz. This is the only file you need to bring into Studio. The pvz contains the sequence animation info. To my knowledge you can't bring a pvi file into Studio at all.

Once you apply your .pvz as a resource to a model widget you should see all your figures listed under the "Sequence" drop down. Playing these sequences is well documented.

Thank you for the information, the tutorial I was following said to save out and load the PVI separately to the pvz file. 

Right now I only have one figure in Creo and 20 steps in the PVZ file.  Do I need to change this to one figure for each step? (So I would have 20 figures instead of just 1).

Thanks.

Possibly the separate pvi was for a very old version of Studio.

You can leave it as many steps in one figure. Basically you can select a figure and then play it either step by step or "play all" which will play first thru last step without stopping. I typically have multiple figures in a model one for each animation. so figure for "Part x removal", "Part y removal", "exploded parts diagram", "Service procedure z"

Top Tags