cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

HoloLens and 2D widget?

nqwifly
11-Garnet

HoloLens and 2D widget?

I need to use the 2D widgets with HoloLens, it's a crucial part of our planning project. But apparently I cannot have these by default, how can I possibly get them?

3 REPLIES 3
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:nqwifly)

The HoloLens by design does not have a 2D panel. This is a limitation of the HoloLens itself. You can utilize 3D images and 3D labels to get the same effect of popups or menus. 

Here is an example of using a label as a 'button' that opens the 3D image Warning popup/menu.

HL.jpg

Well, I think it's a limitation in Vuforia Studio itself in supporting the Hololens. Developing for HoloLens using Unity for example is much much flexible. I can add buttons, toggle button, text fields, videos and every thing Literally! even I can customise my own widget. I got Vuforia Studio license expecting such features by default, but now what? I cannot proceed my project?

I need for example a customised login form, how to achieve that?

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:nqwifly)

Unfortunately, HoloLens projects are limited to 3D labels and 3D images. If you need users to login to view the experience, you could utilize the 'Requires Authentication' option on your project in Studio. This will prompt the user to login when initiating the experience. 

Additional widgets for the HoloLens are on the roadmap, but we do not have any target dates at this time. 

Top Tags