cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to give sequential effects when creating sequences?

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

How to give sequential effects when creating sequences?

Hello

When you create a sequence from an illustration, the content recorded in the step occurs at the same time.
I want to create a flash effect, then move the model and fade out.

However, the above three effects occur simultaneously.
In order to generate them sequentially, you need to divide or animate the steps for each effect.

However, animations do not work in ThingWorx Studio.
Also, when you step through each effect, ThingWorx Studio does not look good at showing you step-by-step through the buttons.

In other words, I hope that in the sequence phase, the effects or movements of the model do not happen at the same time but happen sequentially.

Any other good suggestions?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think in your second comment you answer the original question but just for the case I will try to add some additional clarification with a pictures.

The current support for sequneces in Thingworx studio version is Creo Illustrate 4.0 . For HoloLens if there are any issues with the display we can test older version e.g. 3.0 or 3.1

2018-04-24_11-46-50.png

Here is important to know- you can add for a component an effect only one time. This means if you move the componet 3 times (e.g. first  rotate  around x axis , second  translate along x and then translate along z) it will be later saved as complete movement and all movemenst will be executed on the same time and not in the order you defined them - means it will start and finish  the movements and the rotations on the same time so that it results one complex movement.

In the new Version of Illustrate 4.2 (not supported yet but ,I hope, soon )this functionality was enhancent :

2018-04-24_12-04-42.png

So there you have a keyframe editor where all effects and movements are displayed on the timeline.  

For example the flash effect  with the color red will be displayed on the timeline with the color property where the value will change the color and so will create the flash effect.

2018-04-24_12-20-05.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can edit the step by double-clicking the step in the Step Editor.
Sequences occur sequentially after adjusting the time appropriately and then adjusting the start and end of the content item.
thank

I think in your second comment you answer the original question but just for the case I will try to add some additional clarification with a pictures.

The current support for sequneces in Thingworx studio version is Creo Illustrate 4.0 . For HoloLens if there are any issues with the display we can test older version e.g. 3.0 or 3.1

2018-04-24_11-46-50.png

Here is important to know- you can add for a component an effect only one time. This means if you move the componet 3 times (e.g. first  rotate  around x axis , second  translate along x and then translate along z) it will be later saved as complete movement and all movemenst will be executed on the same time and not in the order you defined them - means it will start and finish  the movements and the rotations on the same time so that it results one complex movement.

In the new Version of Illustrate 4.2 (not supported yet but ,I hope, soon )this functionality was enhancent :

2018-04-24_12-04-42.png

So there you have a keyframe editor where all effects and movements are displayed on the timeline.  

For example the flash effect  with the color red will be displayed on the timeline with the color property where the value will change the color and so will create the flash effect.

2018-04-24_12-20-05.png

Top Tags