cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to keep textures when using the CAD optimizer?

AllanThompson
16-Pearl

How to keep textures when using the CAD optimizer?

Hi All,

I've got a fairly large Creo View file that has a number of textures in it to represent screens on the real product.  As it's a big file, I'd like to use the CAD optimizer to reduce down the files size for the experience, but the problem is that this removes the textures from the models.  The images are still in the High, Medium and Low Creo View files, but the OL geometry file doesn't use them.

I've been playing around with the pvaroptimizer.pvr file that stored in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ThingWorxStudio\Projects\node_modules\cad-import-filters\import_filters\win64\recipe and have added in adapter/useTexture=1 but this doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to keep the textures when using the CAD optimizer?

Many thanks,

Allan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So I have discovered that in the current version of Studio (8.3.3) the CAD Optimizer now no longer removes textures. Smiley Happy

I'm not sure when this came in but it's great that it doing it this way now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:AllanThompson)

Editing the recipe file could help.

martin 

Have you found a sollution? Would be great if you could share the method, if you have found one 🙂

So I have discovered that in the current version of Studio (8.3.3) the CAD Optimizer now no longer removes textures. Smiley Happy

I'm not sure when this came in but it's great that it doing it this way now.

Does anyone know if there are detailed instructions of how to use the Optimizer?

I see discussion about people having problems using it but no where do I see how to use it. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad Bigelow

Top Tags