cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to zoom and rotate an 3D object by touch in AR developed in thingworx studio?

hkaur-3
1-Newbie

How to zoom and rotate an 3D object by touch in AR developed in thingworx studio?

I am developing my own experience in thinworx studio. I have my own 3D model similar to that bike application. Now I have to  rotate and zoom it like thingworx demo application for that bike. How can I achieve that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Himashri,

I think you ask for a different thing: you want to move and zoom the 3D model in your experience with slider controls similar to the KTM Bike Welcome Experience, right? In fact this is pretty simple. Here are the steps if you want to control the rotation of the model.

1. add a slider widget to the 2D overlay of your AR view. Set the min value to 0 and the max value to 360.
  2. bind the slider value to the model-1 X, Y or Z Rotation property.

If you want to scale the model, you can specify a corresponding max value and bind the slider value to the Scale property of the 3DModel widget.

I hope this description is detailed enough.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can zoom in / out with the middle mouse wheel

You can rotate with the right mouse button clicked and moving to rotate

If the model needs to be transformed, there's a "Transform" button on the top of the canvas which will show 3D controls for the model.

Numbers can also be adjusted directly in the "Properties" panel.

Hi Himashri,

I think you ask for a different thing: you want to move and zoom the 3D model in your experience with slider controls similar to the KTM Bike Welcome Experience, right? In fact this is pretty simple. Here are the steps if you want to control the rotation of the model.

1. add a slider widget to the 2D overlay of your AR view. Set the min value to 0 and the max value to 360.
  2. bind the slider value to the model-1 X, Y or Z Rotation property.

If you want to scale the model, you can specify a corresponding max value and bind the slider value to the Scale property of the 3DModel widget.

I hope this description is detailed enough.

Moritz, Agree with your answer. Just an FYI, We've a similar article on this issue - How to rotate 3D model in TWX view app

Hi,

Where can I find this X-Y Z Rotation property.

mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:Manikandan)

By binding the little arrows e.g. to model-1

BR

martin

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite
(To:mwassmann)

Hello Martin,

I have bound the model Y-Rotation to the slider but for some reason the rotation is not happening around the selected Y-Axis of the model.

It is rotating around a different axis. Not sure why.

Please suggest.

Avinash

Top Tags