cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

I'm stuck with the Raspberry Pi Tutorial in Thingworx Composer

DanielPi
5-Regular Member

I'm stuck with the Raspberry Pi Tutorial in Thingworx Composer

Hello Community,

yesterday I tried to do the Raspberry Pi Tutorial with my Vuforia Studio Trial-Account and so far everything worked fine beside the fact that I am not able to create an Application Key or anything else in the Thingworx Composer because I can't set my permissions to anything else than Read-Only.

Is there anyone who got the same problem and managed to solve it or just completed the Raspberry Pi Tutorial with a Trial-Account as well?

Within the composer there's already a pre-created Raspberry Pi Thing and Thing Template which have all the needed Properties but somehow the Values don't change when I run the script on my Pi.

So it's either me who does something wrong or I need the Permissions to create a new Application Key and a Thing by myself.

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanielPi
5-Regular Member
(To:DanielPi)

I actually found an answer!

Since 2018 the instances were changed and Trial-Accounts don't have Admin-Rights anymore.

For the Tutorials there are pre-created Things and Thing-Templates and an Application-Key as well.

For the Raspberry Pi Tutorial it is necessary to use quotation marks for the "Thing(xxxx)" as seen within the image below:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-12 um 20.47.11.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DanielPi
5-Regular Member
(To:DanielPi)

I actually found an answer!

Since 2018 the instances were changed and Trial-Accounts don't have Admin-Rights anymore.

For the Tutorials there are pre-created Things and Thing-Templates and an Application-Key as well.

For the Raspberry Pi Tutorial it is necessary to use quotation marks for the "Thing(xxxx)" as seen within the image below:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-12 um 20.47.11.png

Top Tags