cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Importing OBJ or FBX files lose all colour

jacinta
2-Guest

Importing OBJ or FBX files lose all colour

I can't import an FBX or OBJ file bought from a 3d marketplace without it losing all colour and texture. And it won't let me select the Meta file at the same time, as most other 3d solutions do. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:jacinta)

@jacinta Request to share the CAD file and Studio version you using to observe the issue & assist.

-Durgesh

Its not a cad file, its not even any specific file. So far its been any fbx or obj that I try to import. And its the latest version of Studio, literally, just downloaded last week. 

jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:jacinta)

I have brought in both of these formats with textures and and colors. fbx imports well. for obj you need to take the obj, mtl and any texture files and zip them up. then import this zip file into Studio. If it works it will convert this to a .pvz with colors and textures.

I will say that i have seen mixed results in the Preview vs. Device. I have some files that will show textures in Preview but then will not show textures on devices.

Thanks @jmikesell I will try that. Great practical solution. 

Top Tags