cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Is it possible to share an experience between 2 HoloLens devices?

lmalladi
1-Newbie

Is it possible to share an experience between 2 HoloLens devices?

Is it possible to see the same digital twin and changes being made to it on two HoloLens devices?

In other words, can 2 HoloLens be paired to see the same experience at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey moved to ThingWorx Studio

5 REPLIES 5
katte
1-Newbie
(To:lmalladi)

lipi malladi​ Technically, the Hololens View is designed to have an Individual Hololens-specific AR view and so the experiences are personalized to a device. From your description, I assume you must be looking for something like "the 3D model and its sequences provide a common view to all the people around wearing the HoloLens device".

Officially there isn't a feature as of now, not sure if there is any such applications by MS for HoloLens (atleast AFAIK). I can provide a workaround but I'm sure that wouldn't be as effective as you are expecting it to be.

lmalladi
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

Hi Giri,

That is exactly what I'm looking for. I would really appreciate it if you could guide me through the workaround.

Thanks!

drapo
1-Newbie

Me as well, if possible could you please provide workaround?

We are supporting geometrical packaging meetings with hololens project and in this case there is a need for several actors to see the same sceen.

Thanks!

ankitgupta
5-Regular Member

Hi giri​,

I am also looking for this feature. Can you please share the workaround you are talking about.

Regards,

Ankit Gupta

katte
1-Newbie
(To:lmalladi)

Ankit Guptalipi malladiDaniel Rapo

As of now, the requirement seems to be like "Streaming of AR project" which is not yet there in TWX Studio. It might be added in future releases, but that wouldn't anytime soon. We'll keep you posted on it.

Top Tags