cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Making model parts annotations/labels in Vuforia Studio

jcastillo03
2-Guest

Making model parts annotations/labels in Vuforia Studio

I am trying to include annotations/labels for parts in my 3D model in a way that these labels remain attached to those parts when I am moving the camera around, but have not found a way to do it in Vuforia Studio. I can add 3D labels with billboard visibility, but I cannot "attach" the label to a specific part (e.g. using lines). Looking at some PTC videos I found an example where they label parts of a motorcycle (see attached image below), but I cannot figure out how to add those particular widgets in Vuforia Studio.

Any hints/help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Vuforia motorcycle annotations.png

3 REPLIES 3

I think you'll find that these labels that you're seeing have been created with the line in them like this:

step1a.png

The trick is to build the line/arrow into to the image and then put the end of it in a corner or center of an edge.  Then you can use the image widget pivot property to make the end of the line/arrow the fixed point so it will stay attached to the model and the rest of the image will rotate around this point:

image_widget_pivot.png

So for my image shown, I make the pivot the bottom left and then the dot at the end of the line stays fixed in space and attached to the model.

Hope this helps.

Yup @AllanThompson has the only way I know of. I would really like to see some dynamic leaders in a future release but for now it's all images with the leaders built in. I do this a lot for calling out bolt torques, I have the bubble shown below with the pointer in 4 different radial positions and use as needed.

2018-10-12 08_18_39-Design - Vuforia Studio.png

@tmccombie : Is there anything on the roadmap? Using the annotations that were created in Creo Illustrate would be a useful tool.

Top Tags