cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Model Target Detection setting

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Model Target Detection setting

Hello,

I am using blue pump for model target. I have a 3d printed model of only the blue pump( not the entire assembly), I am trying to get only the blue pump model as the model target but unfortunately, when I drag & drop the model target, it is considering the entire blue pump assembly for detection view settings.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Avinash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:agangaiah)

I don't know of a way to limit detection to a subassembly or part. You are going to need to bring in a second model that is just the pump part you have printed and use it for detection. You can set it's visibility to false so you never see it in AR and just use it for detection. So you will have two model widgets in your experience, one for detection and one with the entire assembly in it. Adjust to position of those two models so the pump model is aligned with the pump in the main assembly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jmikesell
15-Moonstone
(To:agangaiah)

I don't know of a way to limit detection to a subassembly or part. You are going to need to bring in a second model that is just the pump part you have printed and use it for detection. You can set it's visibility to false so you never see it in AR and just use it for detection. So you will have two model widgets in your experience, one for detection and one with the entire assembly in it. Adjust to position of those two models so the pump model is aligned with the pump in the main assembly.

If I understood the issue correctly you want to scan only a part of the model, right?

I am not sure if this is working but it seems that in UI for Studio you will be able to create a model target of a model and later to change the model source.

So for example you can use some simplified version of the  model which should contains only the relelvant components for the detection. Then you can create the model target :

2018-09-20_16-30-37.jpg

So after the creation of the target then you can change the model resource to the complete  assembly model.

2018-09-20_16-32-44.jpg

In the preview was working  , no errors, but , I did not tested  on an end device and therefore need to be furter tested.

Just an Idea ...

Top Tags